Classes in Biomutant provide you with a starting archetype to model your character's abilities and combat affinities after. Each class specializes in a combat style, uses different starting equipment and are assigned special Class Abilities that make them more effective in combat. There are five classes to choose from with more available through DLC. See Character Creation & Builds for ideas on how to improve your character
List of All Biomutant Classes and Breeds
When creating your character, you will want to select your class and your character's Breed, and optimize them based on the many Perks of the game. Each class has a unique perk that differentiates them from other
- Dead-Eye: Currently the most powerful class in game! Check out our Builds
- Psi-Freak: The mage of the game. Check out Our Builds
- Mercenary (this is a pre-order bonus or can be purchased as DLC)
What is the Best Class in Biomutant? Any! You can have fun and enjoy all the content with all classes. Some seem less powerful than others, but the content can be completed regardless. When in doubts, visit our Builds page to get some inspiration.
Biomutant Classes: A complete Guide
Biomutant Classes are chosen by the player in conjunction with Races to create a unique Build. The class system does not present a clear "Best Class in Biomutant", and users can adapt their playstyle as they level up and progress through the game and work your way to the level cap. The Mercenary class was particularly popular near launch as it was a pre-order bonus. Your character will only show the starting perk, but you can adapt your build to your own playstyle. Below you can find everything you need to know about classes - and Dead-Eye, the user recommended Biomutant's best class.
Biomutant Mercenary Class Missing?
There were issues with the Biomutant Mercenary class not unlocking for many players who pre-ordered the game. Some workarounds include:
- Xbox: You must manually find the Mercenary add-on on the Xbox store (under Biomutant game)
- PS4: Similar to xbox, but using the PSN app on phone or desktop will allow you to search and find "Biomutant Mercenary class", which can then be remote pushed to your console.
- PS5: Navigate to the game and press options, then "Manage Game Content" to find a Mercenary Class download
The Dead-Eye is a tricky, skillful rogue who's chosen a life outside law and society values.
- Perfect Reload - Your ranged weapons are reloaded instantly and your next magazine is granted +20% damage.
The Commando is trained as an operative of an elite special operations force. Commandos are used to working in smaller teams.
- Fury - Ranged weapon attacks inflict 10% more damage to the target.
Psi-Freaks are experimenting with psionic powers and mutations. They're usually outcasts on the fringe of society.
- Spark Ball - To shoot a Spark Ball, press down the input you have bount the ability to. It will make you throw the ball in the direction you are facing, inflicting damage to the enemy you hit.
- Megamind - Your Ki-Energy Regen is increased by 20%
The Saboteur is a cunning, skilled explorer trained to operate covertly in both suburbs and wilderness.
- Twin Silver Grip - Melee Dual Wield Skill. Equip two different one-handed melee weapons to dual wield them.
- Hypergenetic - Your Dodge Energy cost is reduced by 20%.
Sentinels dedicate themselves to protect a house. Their dedication is for the organization as a whole, including supreme belief in their dogma.
- Toughness - Your Base Armor is increased by 10.
The Mercenary is a trained swordsman who has mastered the art of the blade.
- Twin Silver Grip: Melee Dual Wield Skill - Equip two different one-handed melee weapons to dual wield them.
- Fury: Melee weapon attacks inflict 10% more damage to the target.